Thursday, July 26, 2007

playing with God

Early this week Kelly and I had one of those days, one of those days when the reality and stress of it all seemed like too much. I had a job interview that went all day and felt pretty fried after, Kelly had potentially a new job that she lost out on due to a miscommunication, the kids had been sick specifically Morgan but we were holding out taking her to the doctor because of lack of health insurance, and the financial strain seemed at its breaking point. So to say the least there was a lot of tears shed that night wondering what the answers were going to be. Kelly even cried out at one point "Tell God I don't want to play anymore!"
The next evening as I got the mail I noticed a letter addressed to me and Kelly and I without a return address. Intrigued I opened it and saw a note that said "Hope this helps" signed " a family from eastern hills" and inside was a bank check larger than any pay check i have ever received. God is so good and I thank Him so much for taking care of my family and for whoever felt moved to help us out as well. I guess they call this living by faith, it is hard and it hurts at times, but at no other time is God so real. So thank you God for playing even if at times we feel like giving up and throwing in the towel.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I have been in this place at times of wanting to give up & walk away...my heart goes out to you & Kelly. I also know the sweet closeness to God felt in these times & I swear (at least in hindsight) I wouldn't trade it for anything. Thank You Lord for the sweet way You have cared for this beautiful family. Love you all & will continue to pray for you.

Matt Carson said...

awesome story jim. you need those little miracles sometimes to remember that god is still watching after you.

hope the interview went well!

Michelle Stockton said...

Jim, that is an amazing answer to prayer! Rejoicing in the blessing with you,
Michelle

The Arnold Family said...

Hey, it was us...just send the receipt for our taxes. KIDDING. We're praising the Lord with you guys. Jake and Heather