Thursday, September 20, 2007

Change



I once spoke on the topic of change and called the talk "The Law of the Diaper", I even used my children as visual aids, changing a diaper while I spoke. There is something about change that is refreshing to me, even exciting. I am on the threshold of change right now, I am looking forward to it, anticipating it, wondering what it is going to look like. I am fearful at the same time, questioning if it is all going to work out. (Jeremiah 29:11 at least lets me sleep at night.) The fall is about change, daylight changes, temperature changes, leaves changing,.. I love the fall. A crisp fall day makes me feel alive, I guess that is why I like change it shows movement. The dog days of summer in the middle of august with high humidity and sweltering nights can sometimes get old, as we wonder if it has always been this hot and is it alwasy going to stay this hot. The middle of february with it's cold dark days has us believing that we always have to scrape windshileds and wear winter boots. But change does come and when it does it is like an infusion of life and hope and a future. With that rambling over I want to invite anyone that wants to join my family at Letchworth park this Sunday, the 23rd of Sept. Weather is going to beautiful, sunny with a high of 70 degrees. We will be going down late in the morning and spending the afternoon there, we can grill out so bring your favorite meat and a dish to pass. We can plan on eating around like 2 pm. Bring your hiking shoes, a football, a frisbee and your camera.

Check out the following site for a map of the park, I was thinking we can meet near the middle falls in one of the picnic areas. Let me know if you are thinking of coming so I can keep an eye out. http://www.geocities.com/scanman94/letchworth/Letchworth.gif ( make sure you click on the corner of the map to expand it).

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Hey Jim just to give you the heads up we are not coming. I didn't get a travel consent for the boy and we are so close to getting him I don't want to chance anything. Have a great time. The Mitchells

Amanda said...

I just ran into Steve N. we were talking about you and Kelly. I miss you both a ton. I would love to catch up some time let me know when you have time I know when does a father of three have time lol but e-mail me would ya. apriola@thevinewesleyanchurch.org
or amandamp818@yahoo.com
I am finally free of school so I have time whenever. Hope all is well. ~Amanda
PS I remember that talk you did on change. You changed Morgan's diaper...I bleieve